6 September 2012

Little Scribbler wears: Nike Air Safari AKA trainers

That's right: trainers. You probably know me as the girl with awesome shoes. Or the girl with the bountiful booty. Or the girl who never does anything with her hair. I'm hoping it's the awesome shoe girl one. However, back in the day, I was a big time trainer wearing, indie disco kid. My style trod the line between 'skate' (baggy jeans and teeny tees) and 'indie' (beaded chokers, boot cuts and teeny band tees) and I always, but always wore trainers. Mainly suede (Puma, Converse, New Balance, Vans), with the odd leather adidas Superstar in there. I say odd pair - I had loads of them...

But, as I've gotten a bit older (and got a mainly desk based job), my shoes have become, well, shoe-ier and, often, higher. Of course there are still plenty flat sandals, boots and pumps in the collection, but I am a girl with a lot of heels and they get worn pretty frequently. But, as one with an appreciation for footwear and as one who works in an office constantly filled with all kinds of shoes, my eye is easily caught. And caught it was by these bad boys last week:


What a trainer shaped delight! They're actually boys ones but, being 5"7 with size 7 feet, I can tread that thin but awesome line between girls' and boys' shoes! Yes! I saw them on our work system ages before they came in but the sample shoes did not have the amazing monochrome speckled animal skin effect and I didn't really pay them any heed to be honest. But, the moment the Nike Air Safari were un-boxed in the office, it was l-o-v-e.


Add the electric blue to the mono mix and these become a serious style additional to my shoe wardrobe. Plus, one thing I love is attention to detail. And, speaking of detail, will you look at this frickin' sole?!


Argh! Too awesome! If you were trying to hide out in a blue jungle, you could do worse than slipping these on and sticking your legs in the air. So, in honour of the trainers (which I wore 4 days in a row last week), I have been doing some serious casual dressing...


When I say 'casual', obviously I mean with diamantes on my shoulders.

 
And a statement necklace. Naturally...

3 comments:

mispapelicos said...

Gorgeoussssssssssssssss
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

LadyBugSays ... said...

I do think of you as the girl with the most amazing shoe collection! Now I am no trainer fan, but these are fab!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

I literally squealed with excitement when I saw the soles. Amazing! Btw, love the dress with the heart print you made. You are a genius. xx