25 July 2011

Bargain booty!

This weekend, some good stuff happened. It was my lovely pal Ali's birthday party. That was good. The next day, I got my arse out of bed and went out on my bike and surprised myself mightily by cycling about 23 miles to North Berwick! I'm doing a 52ish mile sponsored ride in September so I need to get my training on. Here are my handle bars arriving there. It was such a gorgeous day for being out and about!


The next good thing that happened was that I got an IMMENSE bargain. Major. These boots from Urban Outfitters:


S'cuse the fuzzy iPhone photos. As it's been a wee while since I posted I was keen to get these babies up pronto! Observe le £215 price tag:


I picked them up, tried them (teeny bit big but, being boots, they stay on anyway and I can bulk 'em out with socks) and figured 40 quid down from £215 wasn't bad. Especially given that they are the softest, loveliest leather, leather lined and leather soled - pure posh, ken? But, I got to the cash desk and...

...they were only 20 quid! Down from £215. That's nearly 91% off! I walked out of the shop stunned (after buying them obvs). And I know you might not believe it given the size of my shoe wardrobe but I don't actually have a pair of black leather boots! Talk about a gap in the market! Or my shoe wardrobe - whatever.

Lovely leather soles
And, as black boots go, they're pretty frickin' perfect. They're high enough to be awesome but with a thick enough platform to be comfy. They have definite fierce 80s style connotations - have you clocked that massive sturdy elasticated gusset (ps - if you aren't tittering at 'gusset' just now, we can't be friends. Sorry.)? - and will be awesome with big jumper dresses and tights/leggings when it's cold but not icy. They have a chunk-a-mondo heel and the toe is a pointy-but-not-too-pointy almond shape. I loves them.

They're by a brand called either d.co or dico Copenhagen (depending what bit of their website you believe.). Ker-ching!

9 comments:

Dial V for Vintage said...

Whoa, now that's what I call a bargain! Lucky you, the boots look super cool :).

char said...

what an absolute bargain! i never shop in UO tbh, i always expect it to be far too expensive!

Lisa said...

Fantastic bargain x

Carol said...

Now. That is the kind of bargain I like, amazing! Plus I am pretty sure those boots are a classic and won't date. Oh and the cycle?! Check you out!

Caz xxx

Marcia B. said...

wow the boots are so cute!

Please may I? said...

Good grief what a bargain. It would have been a crime not to buy them!

X x

Sophie in the Sticks said...

OMG those boots are amazing and what a bargain! You're so lucky!

Alex said...

Amazing bargain! I'm like Char, I don't even go into UO because I assume I can't afford anything. It's schmucks like me who miss out on all the good stuff, clearly!

Nelly said...

Woo hoo what a bargain.They look great too xx