7 December 2010

Snow Joke. Snow Let-up. Snow sign of it stopping. [Insert your own bad joke]

As is fairly typical of me, I'm a total latecomer on this ol' bandwagon. The snow bandwagon, in case the bad titles didn't give it away. Oh, don't get me wrong, I've been hammered by the snow and its associated complications (4 1/2 snow days and 2 short days at work in the last 7 working days is fairly shabby), I just haven't BLOGGED about it. Oh no, I thought I'd wait until you were properly and fully sick of hearing about the snow before I made mention of it. Maybe let's say I like challenge or something. 

And in actual fact, the continuation of the snow is somewhat scuppering a lil' challenge of mine right now. Something called the "wear all my shoes in a year" (Snappy, right? I am SO in the right job. Marketing, btw) challenge. Because, since this darn snow kicked in, I have worn the same pair of boots every day. You may recall my marvelling at wearing my brogue boots 4 days running a mere 2 weeks back. Well, people, I've kicked that record's arse. Good style. Because I have now worn my DM Triumph Shearling boots from schuh, for, I think, 9 days straight. 9 days! And we're looking at number 10 tomorrow. Here's why...

 
Yes, they may look a bit battered but, let me tell you, they are the softest leather you could possibly have on such a chunky boot. They're actually brand new (thanks for my birthday present Mr S!), it's just that they've been getting paggered by snow, grit and salt, solidly, for over a week. Poor things - they're really bearing up fantastically well all things considered. They have a cosy shearling lining in the leg (would be better if it went right down and around the feet Dr M!) and they keep my feet ever so warm and dry - and look at the pretty ribbon laces! Plus, I'll be honest, while they may not be tres chic, I kind of enjoy their cool dirty rock chick kinda vibe! And these soles are immense for getting about on the snow and ice too! Well you want me to remain upright, don't you?!

Ooh, gripping! Unlike this post which is fast making me sound like an old lady! Haha! Ah, who doesn't love a bit of old lady chic, right? Anyway, to counteract the old lady-ness, here's me in a dress that's too short and tight. Always works a treat!

boots: DM @ schuh, dress: uniqlo, cardi: primark

Boot chronicles to be continued...

6 comments:

Kerry Curl said...

That cardi is fab. Is it sparkly? Primark? Snow way?! (desperatley wanted that to work. FAIL!)

Those boots are fab. Are they heavy? Ihave sum fab cat boots which are like aviator jackets (but for feet...so guess that makes them brown boots with fur.....) LOve them, but oh my are they heavy! Bonus is my legs get a workout - downside is I feel like a deep sea diver!

x

Unknown said...

yeah, I always think on that as being the bonus - everytime I wear them the ol' legs get a much needed workout! And, yes, cardi is sparkly - nICE, right? (keep the weather puns roolin'!)

Kerry Curl said...

weather puns?? I have snow idea what you mean??

x

Unknown said...

Snowbody's business if you wear the same boots ten days in a row. Bam!

Sarah xxx

char said...

haha, i will not even attempt a snow-pun..
i do like the boots, esp. the ribbon laces and they do look pretty heavy duty and perfect for the current weather!

Unknown said...

Thanks Helga! I'm crazy for the comments you leave (esp on Vintage Vix - that girl can't come back soon enough) and for your exclamation mark.