5 September 2010

Does it matter if they make my feet, knees, calves and thighs hurt?

Well, does it? I vote for no, most of the time. However, I do have to limit the wearing of these shoes on account of aforementioned pains. They're lucky number 13 (13 is totally lucky in my book. I was born on Friday the 13th and I honestly don't think there's been a much luckier occurrence in the history of, well, history. Oh lighten up, I'm kidding. Still, 13 = good) in the great shoe wearing challenge and, look, look - they're soooooo pretty!


They're a wee Miss Selfridge purchase (good shoes, abysmal service. Reply within 24 hours my arse! Unless they're working on lunar time or something) and, on account of their weight, I totally tone up each and every time I wear them (can I just say at this point that Mr Scribbler is watching 28 weeks later and I've had to crank up i-tunes on my headphones because I CANNOT handle that shit. My nerves are actually up to high doe and I think I may be on the verge of a heart attack. Just think about pretty shoes, pretty shoes!!). Anyway, after that cinematic diversion, it's time to enjoy the shoes. Here's what I love about them:
  • They're H-I-G-H! I'm 5"7 anyway and in these I come close to Mr Scribbler's 6"2.
  • They have a lovely rounded point to the toe
  • They're polka dotty
  • They have a tremendous over sized bow on the toe (I'm a sucker for a bow. Before I chopped off my lovely long hair for my short do I loved nothing more than Blair Waldorf-ing it up in a hairband resplendent with over sized bow. They look kinda silly on me now, sadly)
  • They have a platform. I LOVE a platform. And I ain't talkin' 'bout train stations.
So what did I wear with these lovely creations? I went simple with black leggings and a cute purple dress with fitted waist. Where did I get it, you ask? Ooh, I made it!! Uh-huh, I'm not just handy with the words! I dolled it up a bit with an assortment of brooches from Topshop, H&M, a vintage fair in NYC and an anniversary gift from Mr S. Speaking of Mr S, check out his handy shelf making skills to the left (to the left). He ain't just a pretty face.


Wow! Who knew the shoes would look just as good upside down!? Well, if you're gonna be kicking about with your feet in the air, you should do it in shoes that look good upside down...I'm just sayin'.
Time for some Ben and Jerry's.

1 comment:

Rani from Cupcake Couture said...

I wanted these in every colour but seriously could not walk in them! I tried them on every time I was in Miss S!